Commissioner Sean Parks is a Central Florida native. He and his wife, Ivy, are active in the community and attend and serve at their church, the Church at South Lake in Clermont with their daughters Reagan (16), Willow (12) and son Eli (8). Sean owns and operates a small business.
An Eagle Scout, Sean serves by volunteering at his church, various organizations around Lake County, and teaching merit badges to scouts. Sean also serves as a Board Member on several regional organizations that assist children. Sean has a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science and a Master’s of Science degree in Engineering Management from the Florida Institute of Technology where he was Captain of the Rowing team.
Sean enjoys gardening with native Florida plants, competitive sports, parkruns on Saturdays and spending time with his family enjoying the outdoors.
Sean loves US and Florida history and is an ardent leader and supporter of economic development, public safety, and environmentally friendly initiatives.
Check out Sean’s Recent Interview by the South Lake Tablet
Growth and Change Seem Inevitable in South Lake County
Man of Faith, Family, and Central Florida
- Born and raised in Central Florida
- Earned Eagle Scout at the age of 15
- Married to Ivy 19 years
- Proud father of three
- Active member of Church at South Lake in Clermont
Caring Community Leader
- Volunteers with Boy Scouts of America – Past Lake District Chairman
- Volunteers with Buses & Backpacks
- South Lake Chamber of Commerce, Member
- The Chamber Economic Development Committee
- Kiwanis Club of Clermont – Member
- Past Rotary Club President – Leesburg Sunrise
- Leadership Lake, 2003
- Leadership Orlando 2007
- Leadership Florida 2017
Qualified and Proven Conservative
- Elected in 2004 to the Lake County Water Authority Board of Trustees
- Initiated Performance Pay for County (not Teachers)
- Initiated 20 year Operational Cost Analysis for all Major Grants to County
- Masters in Engineering Management
- B.S. Environmental Sciences Degree
- Regional Planner and Environmental Scientist (AICP and QEP certified)